Monday 10 June 2013

Happy 10th Birthday, Gorgeous Boy!!!

To my beautiful boy on your 10th birthday,

Where do I start? It sounds rather cliched  to tell you that you will never understand how proud I am, not just today but everyday, to call you my son, but it couldn't be more true.

I can't believe ten years have passed since I held you in my arms for the first time, you were such a gorgeous baby! You were my clever little so and so from day one, supporting your own head and gazing round the room to soak up everything that was going on.

You've never lost that love of learning or your ability to absorb information like a sponge, whether it was being able to recognise all colours and shapes by 8mths (including burgandy, turquoise and dodecahedron), working out the birds and the bees from a 2inch square scientific cross section diagram at age 4 or reeling off the history of the universe in the back of a taxi aged 9! 

I've watched you grow, your first smile, your first word, your first step. Watched as you've transitioned from baby to toddler to school child to gobby little pre-teen ;) watched you face every day, good or bad, and triumph over both, never losing your love of life or fantastic sense of humour. 


 You are one amazing, intelligent, articulate, caring, insightful and handsome young man.

 You face every challenge life throws at you with the most inspirational confidence, maturity and determination, more so than any person that I've ever known. I can hardly wait to share so many more firsts with you, to watch you step into the bright and shining future I know you have ahead of you, because you really can achieve anything you put your mind too, of that I have no doubt!

Happy Birthday, Son, I hope it's everything you wish for!

Loving you, now and forever,
Mum
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. And I like the Halloween outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read him your comment and he says thank you :) I think being "Internet famous" has made his day! Lol

    ReplyDelete